The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few…
Applications for Harvest 2024 close 14th January, 2024
The harvest is plentiful
but the workers are few...
*Harvest* is a 10 month, voluntary (unpaid) program from February to November. Through the program, we will invest in you through a combination of practical ministry experience, coaching, cohort training, mentoring and theological training.
Who is it for?
Any adult Grace City member who has demonstrated a growing Christian maturity who:
– is eager to grow and serve under the leadership of the Grace City team
– has demonstrated a commitment to Grace City church membership through regular attendance at Sunday services, Community group, and service on a ministry team,
– is willing to set aside 1 day a week to train with us at Grace City,
– is seeking to have a greater gospel impact in their secular workplace or study,
– may have an openness to consider full time ministry in the future but isn’t ready to jump the whole way in yet.
Harvest involves a weekly commitment of 8hrs during the week in addition to Sunday ministry and Community Group leading. These hours are a combination of fixed office and flexible.
It is important to recognise that committing to Harvest will mean saying “no” to some additional work and social opportunities.
The program includes:
You will be equipped to serve in a level 3 leadership role in at least 2 ministry areas throughout the year. You will be expected to initiate meeting monthly with at least 2 members of Grace City for one-to-one bible reading. You will be involved in a Sunday ministry which may involve an up-front ministry. Specific training and opportunity upon request.
You will meet fortnightly with the director of the ministry area in which you are serving. The purpose of this coaching is to equip you to lead well in your ministry. You will also have a reading list to complete across the year.
You will receive fortnightly training with other interns, MTS apprentices and Student Ministers from our ministry staff on topics of ministry and leadership.
We will help you meet with another mature member of Grace City of the same gender for mutual spiritual growth and christian maturing.
You will complete 2x Moore College PTC courses by participating in Deeper at Grace City.